"Microsoft Word Viewer 2010 - Download, Install and Use the Latest Word Viewer"
The Word Viewer 2010 is not officially launch. However, with the Word Viewer 2003 and the Compatibility Pack, you can view, print, and copy document contents to another program. However, you cannot edit an open document, save a document, or create a new document.
As a replacement for Word Viewer 2003 and all previous Word Viewer versions, this version of Word viewer applies to the Office applications including Microsoft Word 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000.
You need to have a computer that running Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows Vista; or Windows 7 in order to use it.
The Word Viewer 2010, together with the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats, allows you open Word documents saved in the following formats:
- Word Document (.docx)
- Word Macro-Enabled Document (.docm)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Text (.txt)
- Web Page formats (.htm, .html, .mht, .mhtml)
- WordPerfect 5.x (.wpd)
- WordPerfect 6.x (.doc, .wpd)
- Works 6.0 and 7.0 (.wps)
- XML (.xml)
To download the Word Viewer 2010 (Actually is Word Viewer 2003)
- Click here to obtain the Word viewer. The file is 74.1 MB.
- Once you are in the page, click the Download button and saving the file to your hard drive. Make sure you know the location where you save the file.
To install the Word 2010 viewer
- Double-click the wordview_en-us.exe file on your hard disk to start installing the viewer.
- Check the box 'Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms' and click the Continue button to continue.
- Check "I accept the terms in the License Agreement" and click Next button.
- You can choose the location where to install the viewer. However, we just accept the default location so click on Install button and the installation will begin.
- It will take few seconds to update and finally pop-up a message box indicated that the installation is complete. Once finish, click the OK button.
- Click the Yes button if prompt you to restart the PC.
- Then, install the Compatibility Pack.
To use the Word Viewer 2010 (Actually is Word Viewer 2003)
- After you installed and the computer are restarted, open the Word Viewer in normal way (Start - Programs / All Programs - Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003)
- To open a document file, on the File menu, click Open.
- In the Look in drop-down list, click the drive or folder location that contains the file you want to open.
- Once found, just double-click on the file, and then click Open button.
Note: To preview the contents of the file before you click Open, on the Views menu click Preview.
To remove the Word Viewer 2010 (Actually is Word Viewer 2003)
- On the Start menu, (point to Settings) and then click on Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs link (depend to the Windows version you use)
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003 and then click Remove button.
- Click Yes to confirm removal of the program. Close everything.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Word Viewer 2010 info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: