"Word 2010 - Top 10 New Ways You Can Create Outstanding Documents"
Microsoft Word 2010 offers the best of all worlds: enhanced features to create professional-quality documents, easier ways to work together with people and almost-anywhere access to your files.
Designed to give you the finest document-formatting tools, Word 2010 also helps you easily organize and write your documents more efficiently.
In addition, you can store your documents online and access and edit them from almost any Web browser. Your documents stay within reach so you can capture your best ideas whenever and wherever they occur.
1. Turn your text into compelling Diagrams
Word 2010 offers you more options to add visual impact to your documents. You can choose from new SmartArt Graphics to build impressive diagrams and charts in minutes. The graphical capabilities in SmartArt also can transform bullet-point text into compelling visuals that better illustrate your ideas.
2. Add visual impact to your document
New picture-editing tools in Word 2010 let you add special picture effects without additional photo-editing software. You can change color saturation, temperature, and brightness and contrast to easily turn a simple document into a work of art.
3. Work simultaneously with others
Word 2010 redefines the way people can work together on a document. With co-authoring, you can edit papers and share ideas with other people at the same time. (1) For businesses, integration with Office Communicator enables users to view the availability of a person authoring a document with them and easily initiate a conversation without leaving the application. (2)
4. Access and share your documents from virtually anywhere
Post your documents online and then access, view and edit them wherever from your computer or Windows Mobile-based Smartphone.3 Take advantage of a best-in-class document experience across multiple locations and devices.
- Microsoft Word Web App. Edit your documents in a Web browser when you're away from your office, home or school without compromising the high-quality viewing experience you're used to.(1)
- Microsoft Word Mobile 2010. Stay up-to-the-minute and take immediate action using an enhanced mobile version of Word specifically suited to your Smartphone.(3)
5. Discover an improved search and navigation experience
Locating the information you need is easier and faster in Word 2010. With the new and improved find experience, you can now search for content by graphics, tables, footnotes and comments. The improved Navigation Pane provides you with a visual representation of your document so you can browse, sort and find what you need quickly.
6. Add visual effects to your text
With Word 2010, you can apply image effects such as shadow, bevel, glow and reflection to your text. You can also apply formatting to text to blend seamlessly with your images. It's quick and easy, requiring only a few clicks.
7. Get more out of a smarter SPELL-checker
The improved contextual spell-checker in Word 2010 delivers a context-sensitive speller that corrects your spelling errors when a word is correctly spelled but misused. For example, "economical condition" will be flagged so you can correctly communicate "economic condition."
8. Transcend communication barriers
With Word 2010, you can easily communicate across different languages. (4) Translate a word, phrase or document. Set separate language settings for ScreenTips, Help content and displays. You can even send an entire document to the Web for side-by-side translation.
9. Insert screenshots into your documents
Insert screenshots to quickly and easily capture and incorporate visual illustrations into your work. When you reuse your screenshots across documents, take advantage of the Paste Preview feature to see what your additions will look like before you drop them in.
10. Accomplish more with an enhanced user experience
Word 2010 simplifies how you access features. The new Microsoft Office Backstage view replaces the traditional file menu to let you save, share, print and publish your documents with just a few clicks. With an improved Ribbon, you can access your favorite commands quickly and create custom tabs to personalize the experience to your work style.
(1) Requires either SharePoint 2010 or a Windows Live account. Office Web Apps will be available through Windows Live at a later date during Technical Preview and will have limited functionality at this milestone.
(2) Office Communicator 2007 R2 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2 are required.
(3) Word Mobile 2010 is not included in the Office 2010 applications or suites.
(4) Translation features are free and do not require any add-ins. The bilingual dictionary comes by default in the box (no download), and the language and availability depends on the SKU version of your Office 2010 application. Internet service is required for Machine Translation and languages vary by provider; this will be determined automatically depending on your selection.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Microsoft Word 2010 info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: