"Word 2007 Template - How To Create Your Own, Modify or Attach a Template to a Document?"
A Word 2007 template is a file that stores collection of styles, associated formatting and design features, and colors used to determine the overall appearance of a document.
Templates are used to create new document or to change the look of existing ones.
Word 2007 comes with several installed templates that you can use to create letters, faxes, memos, and more. You can get more templates from the Microsoft website or you can create your own templates.
To create a template
- With Word open, click the Office Button, and click New. The New Document dialog box displayed.
- Under Templates, click Blank and recent to display a blank document template and the templates that you most recently used. Click the Blank document thumbnail.
- Click Create button. A new document opens.
- Build the template by adding needed text, formatting, and other stuff.
- Save the template by choosing the Office Button, then Save As command and click the Word Template.
- From the Save As dialog box displayed, type a name for the template.
- Click the Save button. Close the template.
To modify the created Word 2007 template
- Open the existing template that you already created.
- Make your changes to the template file.
- Use the Save As command to either overwrite the existing template or save the document as a new template.
To use the preinstalled template
- Click the Office Button, click New.
- From the New Document dialog box displayed, click Installed Templates under the Templates section.
- Use the scroll bar to scroll through and select a suitable template, click the Create button.
To attach a Word 2007 template to a document
- Open the document that needs a new template attached.
- From the Office Button, click the Word Options button.
- From the Word Options dialog box displayed, click Add-Ins from the left side of the dialog box.
- On the right side of the dialog box, near the bottom, choose Templates from the Manage: drop-down list.
- Click the Go button.
- From the Templates and Add-ins dialog box displayed, you should see which template is currently attached to the document, such as Normal.
- Click the Attach button.
- From the Attach Template dialog box displayed, select the template you want to attach and click the Open button. The template is now attached.
- Optionally, if you check the Automatically update document styles option, your current styles are changed to reflect those of the new template.
- Click OK.
Note: You can also use these steps to unattach a template. Do that by selecting NORMAL.DOTM as the template to attach using the steps above.
How to Add Shading to a Paragraph in Word 2007?
Scaling the Width of Characters in Your Word 2007 Document
Using the Word 2007 Borders and Shading Features
Guide to Add, Edit or Delete Headers and Footers in Your Documents
Inserting a Page Break in Microsoft Word 2007
Discover the Secrets Behind fthe Word Style Feature
How to Use Word 2007 Themes to Make Your Documents More Professional?
Word Drop Caps: Apply it to Draw Attention in Your Documents!
2007 Save and Save As Features
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Word 2007 template info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: