"Adjusting the Width of Characters in Word 2007 Document"
Sometime you may need to adjust the horizontal size or width of characters in your document. Actually, Word provides you a way to do so and the scaling can be applied to any characters in a selection.
The tool is available in the Font dialog box Character Spacing tab. The following show you how to do that with just simple few steps.
To change the horizontal size / width of characters
- Select the characters you want to adjust the widths.
- Display the Font dialog box by pressing Ctrl + D.
- From the Font dialog box displayed, click on the Character Spacing tab.
- Use the Scale: drop-down menu to specify the scaling you want applied to the characters. You can select from a pre-defined scale, or enter any value between 1% and 600%.
- Click on OK.
If you find you have a need to scale quite a few selections in your documents, you can add a scaling tool to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). With the Character Scaling tool in place, you can easily change the scaling of any selected text at any time.
To add a scaling tool to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Click the Office button and then click Word Options. Word displays the Word Options dialog box.
- At the left side of the dialog box, click the Customize option.
- Using the Choose Commands From drop-down list, choose All Commands.
- Scroll through the list of commands until you find the Character Scaling command.
- Select the command by clicking it once.
- Click the Add button. The command now appears at the right side of the dialog box.
- Click the OK button. The command now appears on the Quick Access toolbar.
How to Add Shading to a Paragraph in Word 2007?
Using the Word 2007 Borders and Shading Features
Guide to Add, Edit or Delete Headers and Footers in Your Documents
Inserting a Page Break in Microsoft Word 2007
Discover the Secrets Behind fthe Word Style Feature
How to Create, Modify or Attach a Template in Your Word 2007 Documents?
How to Use Word 2007 Themes to Make Your Documents More Professional?
Word Drop Caps: Apply it to Draw Attention in Your Documents!
2007 Save and Save As Features
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Word 2007 width of characters info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: