"Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 2010 - Download, Install and Use the Latest Word Viewer"
The PowerPoint Viewer 2010 lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions with full fidelity. You can use the PowerPoint viewer to:
- Open password-protected Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- View and print presentations, but you cannot edit them.
However, the following are two PowerPoint features that are not supported by this viewer:
- Information Rights Management (IRM) presentations.
- Running macros, programs, or opening linked or embedded objects.
This version of PowerPoint viewer applies to the Office applications including Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 and 97. The operating system that supported are:
Windows 7; Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86 and x64 editions).
There are Font Components that amends the license terms for the PowerPoint Viewer and must accompany any permitted redistribution of the PowerPoint Viewer as stated here:
You may use the fonts that accompany the PowerPoint Viewer only to display and print content from a device running a Microsoft Windows operating system. Additionally, you may do the following:
- Embed fonts in content as permitted by the embedding restrictions in the fonts
- When printing content, temporarily download the fonts to a printer or other output device. You may not copy, install or use the fonts on other devices.
To download the latest PowerPoint Viewer 2010
- Click here to obtain the PowerPoint 2010 viewer. The file is 60.2 MB.
- Once you are in the page, click the Download button and saving the file to your hard drive. Make sure you know the location where you save the file.
To install the PowerPoint 2010 viewer
- Double-click the PowerPointViewer.exe file on your hard disk to start installing the viewer.
- Check the box 'Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms' and click the Continue button to continue.
- Click Next button to continue the installation wizard.
- You can choose the location where to install the viewer. However, we just accept the default location so click on Install button and the installation will begin.
- It will take few seconds to update and finally pop-up a message box indicated that the installation is complete. Once finish, click the OK button.
- Click the Yes button if prompt you to restart the PC.
To use the PowerPoint Viewer 2010
- After you installed and the computer are restarted, open the Word Viewer in normal way (Start - Programs / All Programs - Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer)
- In the Look in drop-down list, click the drive or folder location that contains the file you want to open.
- Once found, just double-click on the file, and then click Open button.
Note: PowerPoint Viewer registers with the .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .potx, .potm, .pps, .ppsx and .ppsm file extensions only if a version of PowerPoint is not installed on your computer. If registered, double-clicking on these file types will launch PowerPoint Viewer.
To remove the PowerPoint Viewer 2010
- On the Start menu, (point to Settings) and then click on Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs link (depend to the Windows version you use)
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer and then click Remove button.
- Click Yes to confirm removal of the program.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the PowerPoint Viewer 2010 info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: