"PowerPoint Table - 3 Different Ways to Create a Table in PowerPoint 2007"
PowerPoint table consists of several rows and columns and is a great way to organize little bits of data into a meaningful picture. For example, you might use a table to show sales results for several salespeople.
In PowerPoint 2007, a table can be part of a content placeholder, or it can be a separate item. There are three ways to insert a table, and each method has its purpose. The following sections explain each of the table creation methods.
1) Use Insert Table dialog box
2) Use Table icon
3) Draw the table
To create a table with Insert Table dialog box
- Open a new presentation.
- In a content placeholder, click the Table icon to display the Insert Table dialog box.
OR On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click on the Table icon and choose Insert Table.
- From the Insert Table dialog box displayed, in the Number of columns: box, enter a figure to determine the number of columns in the table.
- In the Number of rows: box, enter a figure to determine the number of rows in the table.
- Click OK.
To insert a table from the Table icon
- Insert a new blank slide to the presentation.
- On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click on the Table icon and drag across the grid until you select the desired number of rows and columns (maximum 10 X 8).
- The table appears immediately on the slide as you drag.
To draw a PowerPoint table
- On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click on the Table icon and choose Draw Table. The mouse pointer turns into a pencil.
- Drag to draw a rectangle representing the outer frame of the table. Then release the mouse button to create the outer frame and to display the Table Tools Design tab.
- On the Table Tools Design tab, in the Draw Borders group, click the Draw Table icon.
- The mouse pointer remains a pencil; drag to draw the rows and columns you want.
- To erase a line, click the Eraser icon (beside Draw Table icon) and then click the line to erase.
- When you finish drawing the table, press Esc or click Draw Table icon again to toggle the drawing mode off.
To add text to a PowerPoint table
- When the table first appears on the slide, the insertion point is place in the first cell of the table.
- Type text into the first cell. The text wraps when it reaches the end of the cell and starts a new line in the cell.
- To moves between cells, you can use the mouse to click the particular cell or use the following keystrokes:
Tab - Move to the next cell.
Shift + Tab - Move to the previous cell.
Down Arrow - Move to the next row.
Up Arrow - Move to the previous row.
How to resize, add or delete rows or columns, merge and split the table cells?
Formatting Tables in PowerPoint 2007 To Totally Change the Table Look!
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the PowerPoint table info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: