"PowerPoint Sound Effects - Inserting Sound Files to Your Presentation"
Discover the power of PowerPoint sound effects by adding the sound files you're your PowerPoint 2007 presentations.
Do you know that adding sound effects in a PowerPoint presentation can make a big difference in the audience's perception of your message?
There are several ways that you can include a sound in a presentation:
- Insert a sound file. The sound plays during the presentation whenever anyone points to or clicks the sound icon, depending on the settings that you specify.
- Associate a sound with an object. The sound plays when anyone points to or clicks that object (such as graphic).
- Associate a sound with an animation effect. The sound plays when the animation effect occurs.
- Associate a sound with a slide transition. The sound plays when move the presentation from one slide to the next.
- Insert a sound that plays automatically in the background. The sound plays when you start the presentation until the end.
Inserting PowerPoint Sound Effects File
The most common way to add a sound file in a presentation is to place the sound clip directly on a slide as an object. An icon appears on the slide, and you can click the icon during the presentation to play the sound.
There are 2 ways you can place a sound file on a slide: by selecting a sound from the Clip Organizer, or from a file on your computer.
To choose a sound from the Clip Organizer
- On the Insert tab, in the Media Clips group, click the down arrow beneath the Sound icon, and click Sound from Clip Organizer.
- The Clip Organizer appears with icons for the available clips.
- To preview a clip, in the Clip Organiser, right-click a clip and choose Preview/Properties. A Preview/Properties dialog box opens, and the sound plays.
- To close the dialog box, click Close.
- When you satisfied with the clip, click the clip that you want to insert. A box below appears:
- Choose one of these options. An icon for the sound appears in the center of the slide.
- Reposition and resize the icon if necessary.
- If you are finished, close the Clip Organizer by clicking its Close (X) button.
Note: It's better for you to establish an Internet connection so that you can have a much wider variety of clips available.
To choose a sound from a file
- On the Insert tab, in the Media Clips group, click the down arrow beneath the Sound icon, and click Sound from file.
- From the Insert Sound dialog box displayed, browse to the drive and folder that contain the sound that you want. If you do not know which location to use, try the \Windows\Media folder on the hard disk.
- Click the sound file that you want to use and then click OK.
- A dialog box appears, asking how you want the file to play in the slide show. Choose Automatically or When Clicked. A speaker icon appears on the slide.
How to Play Sound in PowerPoint 2007 and the Settings Involved?
2 Ways to Embed Movies into PowerPoint 2007 Presentations
How to Run Videos (Movies) in Your PowerPoint 2007 Presentation?
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the PowerPoint sound effects info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: