"How to Use PowerPoint Header and Footer Feature Wisely?"
The PowerPoint header and footer feature can ease your work, how?
The information you enter in the headers and footers appear on every slide. They often include information such as the presentation title, slide number, date, and name of the presenter.
Use the slide masters to place header and footer information on your slides, handouts, or notes pages.
The following show you how to insert the header and footer to the PowerPoint 2007 presentation slides, notes and handouts.
To insert PowerPoint header and footer on the slides, notes or handouts
- From the Insert tab, in the Text group, click the Header & Footer icon.
- From the Header and Footer dialog box displayed, click the Slide or Notes and Handouts tab.
- To insert the date and time, check the Date and time check box. You can decide that this is entered as a fixed date or one that updates each time you print the presentation.
- To insert the slide number, check the Slide number check box.
- To insert the footer, check the Footer option and enter the required text.
- To disable the display of information on the title slide, check the Don't show on title slide check box.
- Click Apply button to apply your selections to the current slide (if available), or click Apply to All button to apply the selections to all slides.
Note: You can make the necessary changes to the header and footer like any other text box. You can move or resize them or change their text attributes using the Edit Master tab.
To insert the date and time on a specific slide
- Insert a text box to the slide where you want to insert the date and time.
- From the Insert tab, in the Text group, click the Date & Time icon.
- From the Date and Time dialog box displayed, select the date or time format you want.
- To have the date and time automatically update, check the Update automatically check box.
- To change the default date and time format, click Default button, and then click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK.
To insert the slide number on a specific slide
- Insert a text box to the slide where you want to insert the slide number.
- From the Insert tab, in the Text group, click the Slide Number icon. The current slide number is inserted into the text box.
To start number with different number
- Insert the slide number if you need one on the slide or slide master.
- From the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click the Slide Master, Handout Master, or Notes Master icon (with the master you want to change).
- Click the Page Setup icon.
- From the Page Setup dialog box displayed, click the Number slides from: up or down arrow to set the number you want.
- Click OK.
As you can see, PowerPoint header and footer is a feature that you must know and use it to make your presentation slides appear to be more professional.
What You Can do with the Slide Masters Feature in PowerPoint 2007?
Slide Master Background Objects - How to Insert or Hide it?
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the PowerPoint header and footer info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: