"PowerPoint 2007 Table Manipulations"
After table was created, let's look at some ways to modify the table's structure, we called it PowerPoint 2007 table manipulations.
Those modifications include resizing the entire table; adding and deleting rows and columns; as well as merging and splitting table cells.
To resize the entire table
- Click anywhere within the table to select it.
- Position the mouse pointer over one of the selection handles (the dots on the sides and corners) so that the mouse pointer becomes a double-headed arrow, and drag to resize the table.
- To maintain the table height to width ratio as you resize it, hold down the Shift key as you drag a corner of the frame.
Note: When position the mouse pointer over the selection handles and a four-headed arrow appears, you move the table rather than resize it.
To add or delete rows
- Click within the row where you want to insert a new row.
- From the Table Tools Layout tab, in the Rows & Columns group, click the Insert Above or Insert Below icon.
- To delete a row, click within the row you want to delete.
- From the Table Tools Layout tab, in the Rows & Columns group, click the Delete icon and from the menu select Delete Rows.
To add or delete columns
- Click within the column where you want to insert a new column.
- From the Table Tools Layout tab, in the Rows & Columns group, click the Insert Left or Insert Right icon.
- To delete a column, click within the column you want to delete.
- From the Table Tools Layout tab, in the Rows & Columns group, click the Delete icon and from the menu select Delete Columns.
Note: Alternatively, you can right-click any existing row or column, point to Insert, and choose one of the commands on the submenu.
To merge the table cells
Use one of the ways below to merge cells:
- Select (highlight) the cells to merge, right-click them, and choose Merge Cells.
- Select the cells that you want to merge and click Merge Cells icon on the Table Tools Layout tab, Merge group.
- From the Table Tools Design tab, in the Draw Borders group, click the Eraser icon and then click the table line you want to erase.
To split the table cells
- Select (highlight) the cells to split, right-click them, and choose Split Cells
OR Select the cell to split, and then click Split Cells icon on the Layout tab.
- From the Split Cells dialog box displayed, select the number of columns/rows in which to split in each direction, and click OK.
Discover the Three Different Methods to Add a Table to your PowerPoint 2007 Presentation Slides
Formatting Tables in PowerPoint 2007 To Totally Change the Table Look!
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the PowerPoint 2007 table manipulations info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: