"Microsoft Office 2010 Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats"
If you are still wondering why you need the Office 2010 compatibility pack, then this article will solve your hassle!
Microsoft has added new file formats such as XML to Microsoft Office 2007 and later versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in order to reduce file size, improve reliability, and enhance integration with external sources.
However, this also added a drawback that the newer file formats are lack of compatibility with older Office suites. For users that are still using older versions of Microsoft Office prior to Office 2007, this could be a problem when opening documents created in Office 2007 or Office 2010.
Luckily, to help ensure that you can open files in these new formats, Microsoft has developed a Microsoft Office Compatibility pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint file formats that you can download for free.
For example, by installing the Compatibility Pack after you install the Word Viewer, you can view documents that are saved in the following new document formats:
- Word Document (.docx)
- Word Macro-Enabled Document (.docm)
Note: While the Office 2010 is not officially ready at the time of writing this article. We are going t download the Compatibility pack for the Office 2007 system. But the pack can be use to open the Office 2010 documents.
To download the Office 2010 Compatibility Pack
- Click here to obtain the Compatibility Pack. The file is 37.0 MB.
- Once you are in the page, click the Download button and saving the file to your hard drive. Make sure you know the location where you save the file.
To install the Office 2010 Compatibility Pack
- Double-click on the FileFormatConverters.exe file that you have downloaded.
- Check the box 'Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms' and click the Continue button to continue.
- It will take some time to complete. When finish, click on the OK button.
To remove the Office 2010 Compatibility Pack
- On the Start menu, (point to Settings) and then click on Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs link (depend to the Windows version you use)
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system and then click Remove button.
- Click Yes to confirm removal of the program. It will take some time to complete.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Office 2010 compatibility pack info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: