"Office 2007 Requirements: Did Your Computer Hardware and Software Meet the Requirements Before You Install the Microsoft Office 2007?"
Thinking of upgrade to Office 2007? Then, you must know the minimum Office 2007 requirements. These include hardware (system) and software (operating system) requirements.
So, it's recommend that you evaluate your computer before you install Microsoft Office 2007 system products to verify your computer meets or exceeds the minimum Office 2007 requirements.
Actually, there are slightly different system requirements on different Office 2007 suites but there is not critical. Below are the minimum Office 2007 requirements.
Note: Microsoft Office 2007 program is a 32-bit application and can run on a Windows 64-bit platform (Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista) but there may be some feature limitations.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or later (including Windows Vista) or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or higher.
- Computer Specifications: 500-megahertz (MHz) processor (CPU) speed or higher, 256-megabyte RAM or higher, and CD or DVD-ROM drive.
Note: For Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, you'll need 1 gigahertz CPU speed and 512 megabytes of RAM.
- Hard Disk: 2 gigabytes (GB) free space for installation, although some of it will be freed after installation is complete.
- Monitor: Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution monitor (1024 × 768) or higher is recommended.
- Internet: Broadband connection of 128 kilobits per second for download and activation of products is recommended. However, it's not required; if necessary, you can install from a DVD and activate the product by phone.
- Outlook 2007 Users: Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later is required for Outlook 2007 users. (This is somewhat misleading though, because Outlook can also be used with non-Microsoft mail servers. Still, for corporations that use Exchange this is important: if they are considering installing Office 2007, their Exchange version needs to be Exchange Server 2000 or later, or else Outlook 2007 won't work.)
- Miscellaneous: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
With these Office 2007 requirements, I hope that you really clear about the minimum system requirements before you try to upgrade to Office 2007. Of course the Office 2007 is a complete set of productivity and information management software that helps you save time and stay organized.
The Overview of Office 2007 OEM, FPP or Volume Licensing Editions!
Advantages of Office 2007 Volume Licensing Version Over OEM or FPP Licenses
Microsoft Office 2007 Pricing and Upgrade Information
Office 2007 Quick Access Toolbar Manipulations
How to Restore Quick Access Toolbar to Its Defaults?
Guide to Use The Office 2007 Clipboard Feature Wisely!
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Office 2007 requirements info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: