"Mail Merge Letter - Creating Merged Letters in Word 2007"
Mail Merge Letter - One of the popular uses of the Mail Merge feature in Word 2007 is to create form letters.
Mail Merge allows you to set up one letter, which serves as your main document. Using data from another source or database, you can print this letter with different information for each record in the database.
This tutorial assumes that you have an understanding of the Word 2007 Mail Merge overall process. If you are not familiar, refer to Word 2007 Mail Merge: Getting Started article.
To create a mail merge letter in Word 2007
- Open a blank Word 2007 document.
- From the Mailings tab, in the Start Mail Merge group, click on Start Mail Merge icon and from the Start Mail Merge sub-menu appears, select Letters.
- Then, from the Mailings tab, in the Start Mail Merge group, click Select Recipients icon and select Use Existing List...
Note: If your list is not created, please read another article on creating your Mail Merge Recipients.
- From the Select Data Source dialog box displayed, browse and select the file you will use for your list.
- Click Open button.
- To edit the recipient(s) you want to include in your mail merge, in the Start Mail Merge group, click Edit Recipient List icon.
- Select the recipients. A recipient is selected if the checkbox beside their entry is selected.
- Click OK button to close the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box.
Note: More information on editing the recipient lists, read another article on Mail Merge Recipients.
- If you have not already done so, in your document, type the text of your letters.
- Position the insertion point at the place in your document where you want to insert the merge fields.
- From the Write & Insert Fields group, click the Insert Merge Field arrow and select the desired field from the menu appears.
- When finished, click Preview Results icon in the Preview Results group. A preview of your first recipient's letter appears.
- To preview your document with other recipients information, in the Preview Results group, click the Next or Previous Record arrows icons.
- To print the letters, in the Finish group, click Finish & Merge icon and from the drop down menu, click Print Documents...
- From the Merge to Printer dialog box displayed, select All to print letters for all of your records. To print a letter for only the record displayed, select Current record. To print letters for only certain records, type a range in the text boxes.
- Click the OK button.
- From the Print dialog box displayed, make any necessary adjustment.
- Click OK.
To make changes to the letters
- From the Finish group, click the Finish & Merge icon and from the menu appears, select Edit Individual Documents...
- From the Merge to New Document dialog box displayed, make the appropriate selection.
- Once finish, click OK.
- Make the appropriate changes in the new document that appears and save the documents.
Creating Merged Envelopes in Word 2007
Creating Mailing Labels in Word 2007
Creating an E-mail Merge in Word 2007
2007 Save and Save As Features
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Word 2007 mail merge letter info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: