"Mail Merge Labels: Creating Mail Merge to Labels in Word 2007"
Mail Merge labels in Word 2007 allow you to set up mailing labels that use the same format with data from a variety of records.
The process of creating mail merge labels is similar to creating mail merge to envelopes or letters. You set up the starting document and when creating labels, you can choose the label size, text font, positioning of the information, etc.
The following steps describe how to merge a pre-existing data sources into address labels with the Mail Merge feature in Word 2007.
This tutorial assumes that you have an understanding of the Word 2007 Mail Merge overall process. If you are not familiar, refer to Word 2007 Mail Merge: Getting Started article.
To create mail merge to labels in Word 2007
- Open a blank Word 2007 document.
- From the Mailings tab, in the Start Mail Merge group, click on Start Mail Merge icon and from the Start Mail Merge sub-menu appears, select Labels....
- From the Label Option dialog box displayed, specify the paper source for printing, from the Tray: drop-down list, make the appropriate selection.
- Under the Label information section, select the Label vendors: drop-down list, and select the brand name of your labels such as Avery US Letter.
- In the Product number: scroll box, select the product number of your labels.
- Click OK.
- Then, from the Mailings tab, in the Start Mail Merge group, click Select Recipients icon and select Use Existing List...
Note: If your list is not created, please read another article on creating your Mail Merge Recipients.
- From the Select Data Source dialog box displayed, browse to locate and select the file you will use for your list.
- Click the Open button.
- To edit the recipient(s) you want to include in your mail merge, in the Start Mail Merge group, click Edit Recipient List icon.
- Select the recipients. A recipient is selected if the checkbox beside their entry is selected.
- Click OK button to close the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box.
Note: More information on editing the recipient lists, read another article on Mail Merge Recipients.
- Position the insertion point in the top left label where you want to insert the merge fields.
- From the Write & Insert Fields group, click the Insert Merge Field arrow and select the desired field from the menu appears.
- To use the same fields and layout for each record, in the Write & Insert Fields group, click Update Labels icon.
- To preview your labels with other recipients information, in the Preview Results group, click the Next or Previous Record arrows icons.
- To print the labels, in the Finish group, click Finish & Merge icon and from the drop down menu, click Print Documents...
- From the Merge to Printer dialog box displayed, select All to print letters for all of your records. To print a letter for only the record displayed, select Current record. To print letters for only certain records, type a range in the text boxes.
- Click the OK button.
- From the Print dialog box displayed, make any necessary adjustment.
- Click OK.
To make changes to the labels
- From the Finish group, click the Finish & Merge icon and from the menu appears, select Edit Individual Documents...
- From the Merge to New Document dialog box displayed, make the appropriate selection.
- Once finish, click OK.
- Make the appropriate changes in the new document that appears and save the documents.
Creating Merged Letters in Word 2007
Creating an E-mail Merge in Word 2007
Creating Merged Envelopes in Word 2007
2007 Save and Save As Features
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Word 2007 mail merge labels info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: