"Formatting Tables in PowerPoint 2007"
Formatting tables in PowerPoint 2007 show you how to adjust various aspects of the table's appearance to suit your needs.
These including changing the columns width, row height, set the cell internal margins, change the table border, fill color to the cells, add a picture or shadow to a table.
To change columns width and row height
- Position the mouse pointer on the border below the row or to the right of the column that you want to resize. The mouse pointer turns into a line with arrows on each side of it.
- Hold down the mouse button as you drag the row or column to a new height or width. A dotted line appears showing where it will go.
- Release the mouse button.
- You can have a column automatically resize to fit the contents of column by double-clicking on the column edge.
To specify the internal margins for cells
- Select the cells to which the setting should apply. You can select the entire table if you wish.
- From the Table Tools Layout tab, in the Alignment group, click on Cell Margins icon. A menu of margin presets opens.
- Click one of the presets or click the Custom Margins button to display the Cell Text Layout dialog box.
- From the dialog box, under the Internal margin section, set the Left, Right, Top, and Bottom margin settings.
- Click OK when finish.
To apply or change the table border
- Select the cell(s) that you want to apply/change.
- From the Table Tools Design tab, in the Draw Borders group, select a line style, width, and color from the Pen Style, Pen Weight, and Pen Color drop-down lists.
- From the Table Tools Design tab again, in the Table Styles group, open the Borders button's menu and choose the sides of the selected area to which the new settings should apply.
Note: Alternatively, you can right-click any existing row or column, point to Insert, and choose one of the commands on the submenu.
To merge the table cells
Use one of the ways below to merge cells:
- Select (highlight) the cells to merge, right-click them, and choose Merge Cells.
- Select the cells that you want to merge and click Merge Cells icon on the Table Tools Layout tab, Merge group.
- From the Table Tools Design tab, in the Draw Borders group, click the Eraser icon and then click the table line you want to erase.
- If necessary, repeat the above step to apply the border to other sides of the selection.
- If you want to remove all borders from all sides, choose No Border from the menu.
To apply the fill color to cell(s)
- Select the cell(s) to affect.
- From the Table Tools Design tab, in the Table Styles group, click the down arrow next to the Shading button to open its palette.
- Select the desired color or fill effect.
To fill a picture to a table
- Select the cells in the table to be fill by the picture.
- Right-click and from the menu pop-up choose Format Shape.
- From the Format Shape dialog box displayed, click Fill, and then click Picture or texture fill.
- Click the File button, select a picture file to be insert, and click Insert button.
- Mark the Tile picture as texture check box. Click Close.
To apply a shadow to a table
- Select the table's outer frame, and then right-click the frame and choose Format Shape.
- From the Format Shape dialog box displayed, click Shadow, and then choose a Presets and a Color.
- If needed, drag any of the sliders to fine-tune the shadow.
- Click Close to close the Format Shape dialog box.
Discover the Three Different Methods to Add a Table to your PowerPoint 2007 Presentation Slides
How to resize, add or delete rows or columns, merge and split the table cells?
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the formatting tables in PowerPoint 2007 info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: