"Microsoft Excel Viewer 2010 - Free Download, Install and Use the Latest Excel Viewer!"
With the latest Excel Viewer 2010, you can do the following tasks even if you don't have Excel program installed on your PC.
- open, view, and print Excel workbooks
- copy data from Excel Viewer to another program
However, you cannot edit data, save a workbook, or create a new workbook. This download is a replacement for Excel Viewer 97 and all previous Excel Viewer versions.
This version of Excel viewer applies to the Office applications including Microsoft Excel 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 and 97. You need to have Windows Server 2003; Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7 in order to use it.
Notes: The Excel Viewer is only available as a 32-bit application and do not have 64-bit version. The 32-bit version of the Excel Viewer can be used on 64-bit versions of Windows.
To know the file formats supported by Excel Viewer 2010
- You can open only Excel files with the following extensions -.xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .xltx, .xltm, .xls, .xlt, .xlm, and .xlw.
- Even though you can open macro-enabled files (.xlsm, .xltm, and .xlm), you will not be able to run macros.
- Latest Office 2010 features such as sparklines and slicers will not display or will give messages explaining that it cannot be displayed.
- If you need to view these features, use the Microsoft Excel Web App available on SkyDrive.
To download the latest Excel Viewer 2010
- Click here to obtain the latest Excel 2010 viewer. The file is 74.1 MB.
- Once you are in the page, click the Download button and saving the file to your hard drive. Make sure you know the location where you save the file.
To install the Excel 2010 viewer
- Double-click the ExcelViewer.exe file on your hard disk and the following screen will display.
- Check the box 'I accept the terms in the License Agreement' and click the Next button to continue.
- You can choose where to install the Microsoft Excel Viewer. However, you can just accept the default install location by clicking on the Install button.
- It will take some times to complete the installation. The following screen will pop up when finish.
- Click OK button to complete the installation. A pop-up required you to restart the PC, click Yes to restart your computer.
To use the Excel viewer 2010
- After you installed and the computer are restarted, open the Excel Viewer in normal way (Start - Programs / All Programs - Microsoft Office Excel Viewer)
- To open a spreadsheet file, click the Office Button and click Open.
- In the Look in drop-down list, click the drive or folder location that contains the file you want to open.
- Once found, just double-click on the file, and then click Open button.
To remove the Excel viewer 2010
- On the Start menu, (point to Settings) and then click on Control Panel.
- Click or double-click on Add or Remove Programs link (depend to the Windows version you use)
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Excel Viewer and then click Remove button. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Excel Viewer 2010 info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks:
Click on the image to view the details of the training/book.
Microsoft Excel 2010 Video Training DVD
Microsoft Excel 2010 Formulas
Microsoft Word 2010 Video Training DVD
The Ultimate Guide to
The Ultimate Guide to