"Excel 2007 Ribbon - Discover the New Ribbon Elements in Excel 2007!"
The Excel 2007 Ribbon
a new outlook that replaces the previous versions menu bar and drop down menus.
Yes, Excel 2007's user interface is based on the ribbon, which is a bar across the top of the window that contains tabbed pages of commands and icons/buttons.
With the Ribbon, it shows you all the most commonly used options needed to perform a particular Excel task and you just click on it to take action.
Here are some important terms related to Excel 2007 ribbon:
- Ribbon: The whole bar, including all of the tabs.
- Office Button: On the far left side of the Ribbon, the Office Button lets you perform tasks that are common across many Office applications.
- Quick Access Toolbar: Located on top of the Excel screen beside the Office Button.
- Tab: Excel's main tasks are brought together and display all the commands commonly needed. Clicking a tab name once activates the tab.
- Group: A section of a tab that organizes related command buttons into subtasks. For example, the Home tab has the following groups: Clipboard, Font, Alignment, Number, Styles, Cells, and Editing.
- Dialog box launcher: A small icon in the bottom-right corner of a group, from which you can open a dialog box related to that group.
To understand tabs on the Excel 2007 ribbon
- Home: Use this tab when creating, formatting, and editing a spreadsheet.
- Insert: Use this tab when adding particular elements (including graphics, PivotTables, charts, hyperlinks, and headers and footers) to a spreadsheet.
- Page Layout: Use this tab when preparing a spreadsheet for printing or reordering graphics on the sheet.
- Formulas: Use this tab when adding formulas and functions to a spreadsheet or checking a worksheet for formula errors.
- Data: Use this tab when importing, querying, outlining, and subtotaling the data placed into a worksheet's data list.
- Review: Use this tab when proofing, protecting, and marking up a spreadsheet for review by others.
- View: Use this tab when changing the display of the Worksheet area and the data it contains.
Getting Started with Excel 2007
Excel 2007 Screen Elements
Excel 2007 Status Bar
How to Enter Data into the Excel 2007 Worksheet?
How to Save a Workbook Correctly?
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Microsoft Excel 2007 ribbon info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: