"Excel 2007 Functions: An Introduction"
Excel 2007 Functions are build-in, special commands that incorporated into the formulas to perform mathematical calculations. It can be used to make complex operations simple.
Excel 2007 contains a build-in list of worksheet functions, which are categorised to make it easy to search for the ones you need.
Excel has over 300 built-in functions divided into various function categories, including:
- Date & Time
- Lookup & Reference
- Math & Trigonometry
Here are some commonly used functions:
AVERAGE: Used to determine the average value of the selected cells contents.
COLUMNS: Used to return the number of columns within a reference.
COUNT: Used to count how many numbers are in the list.
MAX: Used to return the maximum number from a list.
MIN: Used to return the minimum number from a list.
ROUND: Used to round off numbers to a specified number of decimal points.
SUM: Used to add the contents of selected cells.
To display all the available functions
- Open a blank Excel workbook.
- Click on the Formulas tab and within the Function Library group click on the Insert Function icon.
- From the Insert Function dialog box displayed, under Or select a category: section, select a particular category function, the related functions will displayed.
To enter functions directly into the worksheet cell
- Select the cell into which the formula will be entered.
- Insert an equal (=) sign to begin the formula. The formula toolbar buttons will appear.
- Enter the name of the function [e.g. SUM], followed by an opening parenthesis [(], any arguments required for the function [e.g. E2:E5], and closing parenthesis[)].
- Press Enter. If there are no errors in the formula, the result of the function will be entered in the cell. If you activate the cell again, the function will be displayed in the formula bar.
This is the overview of Excel 2007 functions, more tutorials available at the following links:
How to Write a Formula in Microsoft Excel 2007?
Using Excel 2007 IF Function to Perform the Calculation That Can Ease Your Daily Related Tasks
How to Use the Cell Function in Microsoft Excel 2007?
Guide to Use the NOW Function Correctly in Excel 2007
Demonstration of Using the Date and Time Functions with Excel 2007
Use the Microsoft Excel 2007 Product Function to Perform the Calculation
Use the Excel 2007 MAX Function to Find a Largest Number in a Series
Using the Excel 2007 Count Function - Example Demonstration
Guide to Use the Excel 2007 Radian Function Correctly
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the Excel 2007 functions info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: