"How to Enter Data into Excel 2007 Worksheet?"
Enter data into excel 2007 worksheet?
Yes, to start using Excel, you need to know how to enter data into the Excel worksheet. The tutorial here shows you the very basic of entering text, number, date and time into the worksheet.
To enter text into a worksheet
- Select the cell in which you want to enter the text.
- Type in the text/data into the cell.
- Press the Enter key. Text entries are left aligned by default.
To enter numbers into a worksheet
- Select the cell in which you want to enter a number.
- Type in the number into the cell and press Enter.
- If you want to enter a negative number, type a minus sign in front of it or enclose it in parentheses (bracket), e.g. -15 or (15).
- To indicate decimal places, you type a full stop such as 125.89.
- The numbers will be right aligned by default.
To enter dates and times into a worksheet
- Select the cell in which you want to enter the date or time.
- Type in the date or time. Separate the date with either hyphens (-) or slashes (/).
- Press Enter.
- To enter the current date, press Ctrl+;
- To enter the current time, press Ctrl+:
You may utilize the keyboard to help you speed up the data entry process. Below is a list of keys that you can use when you want to quickly enter your data.
To speed up your data entry
- Enter key: Pressing the key will enters the data and moves the active cell highlight down to the next cell in the current column.
- Tab key: Pressing the key will enters the data and moves the active cell highlight to the next cell in the current row.
- Arrow keys: Pressing the key will enters the data and moves the active cell highlight to the next cell in the direction of the specific arrow key pressed.
- Esc key: Pressing the key will will cancels the current data entry.
Getting Started with Excel 2007
Excel 2007 Screen Elements
The New Excel 2007 Ribbon
Excel 2007 Status Bar
How to Save a Workbook Correctly?
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Back to Top
You're viewing the enter data into Excel 2007 info page, click here to go back to the Home Page
Add To Your Social Bookmarks: